Monday, January 28, 2008

You Know How that Happens, Don't You?

A while back, my wife and I announced that were are expecting our fifth child. With each of the last 3 pregancies, I've had numerous people ask me, "You know how that happens, don't you?" This question is all meant in fun, but if you get to the root of it, it sounds as if the questioner is wondering if we should be having another baby. I'm sure my friends don't mean it that way, but the question appears ask "why aren't you preventing this?", as if having a child is some sort of curse. For me, this will be my eighth child (3 from a previous marriage), so of course some of my well meaning friends think I'm nuts. To many of us men who have been affected by the world's mentality, children are a curse. I plan on posting more of this some other day.
So, for now, I'm trying to come up with a good witty reply to those who ask me that dreaded question, "You you how that happens, don't you?". Here are my replies:
10. Yeah, I know how...shame on me!
9. I know what you mean! My life is just going to be ruined!
8. You mean I could have prevented this?
7. I remember some lesson in my 9th grade health class had something to do with it.
6. No, my parents never had "that talk" with me.
5. Yes, but those things make me itch.
4. Yeah, I know how, but my wife doesn't.
3. Are you going to tell me?
2. How what happens?
1. Yes, I do know, and it is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I find a couple of those kinda crass...but you didn't say the best one!

Yes, we know how this happens...but now that it's started, we don't know how to stop it!