Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thoughts on Super Bowl XLII

by C.J. Mahaney

This is an absolutely excellent post on C.J. Mahaney's new blog concerning tomorrow's Super Bowl. Included are some excellent tips for viewing the game:

We’ve come to the third and final question in our series of most common questions I’m asked. The first question was “What books on the cross of Christ have affected you the most?” The second, “As a charismatic/continuationist, what books would you recommend on the person and work of the Holy Spirit?”

Finally, we arrive at the third:

“C.J., how do you know so much about sports?”

Okay, I admit this is not a question I get often (maybe never). But I know that my friends secretly harbor this question deep in their hearts. And I know my friends also admire my athletic abilities (but that will need to wait for another post).

Because of my vast knowledge of sports, this blog has an obligation to publish a public service announcement to prepare blog readers for the impending Super Bowl.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

First, let me make clear the Super Bowl is the most overrated sporting event in the history of all sports dating back to the very first Olympics. The NFL thinks so highly of itself, the Super Bowl is assigned Roman numerals.


Read the rest here.

No comments: